Information on authors’ names and affiliations will be filled online, not in the abstract.
The abstract (2 pages maximum) containing no information on authors’ names and affiliations will be submitted in Word or PDF format for blind review process.
How to write your abstract
- Please select two to three Session Topics and the preferred presentation type (oral, poster) in the online form.
- The use of CAPITAL LETTERS in the title should be limited to abbreviations.
- Please use Times New Roman size 12 for the whole text.
- Keep the abstract concise. The main content of the abstract (i.e. title, introduction, methods, results and discussion and conclusions) should be kept within 1 page.
- Acknowledgement (if any) should only be made with the organization and grant-number.
- DOI accession numbers should be provided., if available, for each reference in the abstract.
- Deadline for abstract submissions: December 1st, 2019.
A second optional page can be used to provide additional information about your communication, by including figures or tables with legends describing those in reasonable detail. This information is intended to help the reviewer in making a decision on the format of the presentation, and on the inclusion of the work in the Scientific program of the symposium.
The abstract has the sole purpose of reviewing your submission. Your abstract will be treated confidentially and will not be published in an abstract book. Only the title and authors of accepted communications will be published in the final program.
Peer Review: Scoring Your Abstract
Your abstract will be subjected to an independent blind reviewed process by at least two scientists with expertise in the session topic. The review will be blind with regards to your name, institution or position, and will be based solely on the information that you provide in the technical description.
Avoid any explicit citation or information that could allow your identification.
Four criteria will be used to score each abstract:
- Technical Description,
- Significance to Field,
- Session Fit.
You will be notified mid-January of whether your abstract has been accepted for an oral or poster presentation.